Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vintage Finds . . .

I was so happy last week to spend a day with my daughter, her friend, and my granddaughter at a large neighborhood gararage/estate sale in southeast Portland. It is such a beautiful neighborhood with large trees and older homes with gorgeous architecture. We had a wonderful time walking from home to home in the warm, sunny weather.
 

two vintage rose bouquet pics (I just love old prints and pics)

4 yds. of this toile fabric ~ isn't it gorgeous? and only $3

 my daughter spotted these toile chargers ~ love them! {used them in the toile tea party tablescape}

lot of vintage ric-rac ~ I will use it for gift wrapping

An antique sideboard that is the perfect piece for my nightstand dresser in our bedroom

and, the best deal of the day . . .
2 gorgeous, shabby chic wall sconces w/shades ~ only $1 for both!
I think they will have to be new additions to our shabby chic guest room

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know about your vintage finds.
Have a great week!
~ Julie

7 comments:

  1. Great finds! I love the lights, soooo CUTE!!!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! you got some beautiful treasures...I love the toile fabric...swoon.

    I just love your sweet blog!

    (btw-Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog regarding my loss. I am doing much better. I have moments of profound grief...crazy how something so small and with you for such a short period of time, can leave such a profound impression on ones soul.)

    Clorissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie! Oh, what pretties you found! Those little lamps are precious!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the sideboard is so lovely!
    i've been waiting to see it : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie,
    I can see Portland is the place to be for yard sales. You found some great treasures! I especially like the vintage rose prints...beautiful!
    Thanks for visiting, BTW, and for your nice comment. I appreciate it!! It seems we have similar taste (wire basket with vintage milk bottles). :)
    Enjoy your new treasures, and have a nice day!
    ~ jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie,
    Wonderful blog you have! I might have to hitch a ride with you when you go junking...wonderful finds!!! Lisa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got so many beautiful items! I cannot believe the prices. Thanks for praying for my fried and her family, Julie.....Christine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...