Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Victorian Christmas Tree

Over the years, I've always enjoyed having our tree decorated by our children with all of their ornaments and special memories of ornaments given to them . . . . . Whitney always putting her hamburger ornament front and center and Chelsey's love of dill pickles and the competitive searches for the pickle on the tree . . . . . but, I also love having a Victorian tree with bows, ribbons, roses and everything Victorian and vintage. 

I've had this magazine pic in my Christmas boxes for years. 
Isn't it fantastic!?

I just love all the beads, ornaments and baby's breath.

Here is our tree this year. 
It is not yet to this level of beauty . . . {I could not find gold beads this year anywhere, did not have any baby's breath on hand, and I had to stretch our pearl beads as our tree is very big}  . . . however, I just love our tree!



 It is covered with . . .


lots of Victorian ornaments  
 


vintage ornaments

Victorian ladies

 teapots and teacups




an old book page ornament new this year from a friend

and, of course, lots of angels





Merry Christmas to you and your families!

~ Julie


Today I'm linking with:




13 comments:

  1. It is a beauty!
    I just love your tree! Great job and it's as pretty as your picture tree!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty. Merry christmas to you and your family.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie,
    Your tree is simply lovely! I love the teacups and teapots! I have some on my own as well. They are such sweet decorations, I think. I am so happy you have joined me for Tea Time and I hope you will join me again in the New Year. Have a lovely holiday season.

    Christmas blessings to you & yours,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty, Julie! The shape of your tree is as close to perfect as one could get! :) I just love it when gals use different unexpected treasures on their tree! Makes every single one unique unto itself! :) Merry Christmas to you, friend!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie: I am so glad you joined us. Your Christmas tree looks like it is right out of a magazine. It is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Have a wonderful Christmas, filled with God's blessings. Martha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Julie: I love anything Victorian and pretty and your tree takes the cake! All the different ornaments it holds, it is breathtaking, especially the last picture where the tree looks like it's glowing in the night. It must be a sight to behold in person! Happiest of Holidays to you! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree is so beautiful Julie.
    Wishing you a wonderful and peaceful christmas filled with joy.
    xo Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to send this link to my mom. She is going to love it. I think you have a beautiful Victorian tree.

    If I don't get back here, I hope you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's a lovely tree! Look, it actually let me leave a comment!? Did you do something to fix it?

    Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 2011 gonna be a great one!

    Theresa
    aka:tot

    ReplyDelete
  10. dear julie
    what a wonderful christmas tree.
    i wish you and your family a merry christmas and a
    happy new year!!!
    hugs,regina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tree! I love the shape of it and the all the lovely ornaments! Merry Christmas! ~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your tree has turned out beautifully! You have done a wonderful job on it. That is a really big tree, and I can see how it would take quite a lot of beads to adorn it, not to mention baby's breath! All your ornaments are very pretty, and I love your tea pots and tea cup ones. Thank you so much for sharing them with us for Tea Cup Tuesday.
    Merry Christmas,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw what you wrote about your winning treasures. I hope you like them. I love your Christmas tree, it looks like a happy one. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...